Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a spiritual healing art and can be described as a subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force. The person being treated is not “healed” by the Reiki practitioner. The client’s healing comes from the “universal life force” that flows through the practitioner. Reiki treatment is noninvasive, non-manipulative, and non-intrusive.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reenergizing the body
- Restoring balance and harmony in the body
- Relief of pain and acute problems rapidly
- Treats the emotional, mental, and spiritual levels of a person
- Relaxes and rejuvenates
- Calms emotions
Reiki can be used to:
- Accelerate healing
- Assist the body in cleansing toxins
- Balance the flow of subtle energy by releasing blockages
- Ease tension and stress
- Help support the body to facilitate healing on all levels- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- Help the client contact the ‘healer within.’
- Boost the immune system
What to expect
A Reiki session lasts for about 60 minutes and the client remains fully clothed throughout the session. It is recommended to remove all jewelry during treatment as it may attract energies that may interfere with the life energy of reiki. Items such as watches create a closed circuit that reduce the flow of life energy.